Requirements for Volunteer Service
1. All volunteers are required to be approved by the building principal.
2. Volunteer clearance records are maintained in the school main office.
3. All clearances for new volunteers must be new within the previous 365 days.
4. Clearances must be presented in their original and official form (district will maintain copies).
5. New clearances are required every 60 months when the individual performs annual volunteer service with the district.
6. The district will accept Department of Human Services or Department of Education generated clearances.
7. Required clearances:
- PA State Criminal History (online with no cost when designated VOLUNTEER)
- PA Child Abuse Report (online with no cost when designated VOLUNTEER)
- FBI Fingerprint Certificate ($23.25)
- FBI Fingerprint Certificate
- If the volunteer has lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years, they may sign an affidavit (located in the main office of each school) stating they have not been arrested/convicted of any crimes. This takes the place of the FBI fingerprint clearance.
- If the volunteer has NOT lived in the commonwealth of PA for the entirety of the past 10 years, an FBI clearance is required. The volunteer should provide the 15 digit PAE number, which can be requested at the fingerprint location or found on the online registration page, so the district can print the official results. Please know that official fingerprint results from the Department of Education or Cogent system are not mailed to the applicant. Submit the PAE number to the Office of Human Resources so that an Official Report is generated after fingerprinting is completed.